Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bitchy Witch, or Sexy Kitten???



I LOVE Halloween.  I usually plan my costume in August, but this year the stress of life caught up with me and I had to put something spook-tacular together last minute.  Major stresser.  So I headed to one of the pop-up Halloween shops to check out the fashions, and was in dismay when I saw that Miranda and Carrie were right, the only choices for women are witch or sex kitten, wtf!? (Come on people...SATC movie, let's try to keep up...)  So home I went empty handed as I refused to give in to the cultural stereotypes that Halloween has created.  Then it hit me...why not base my costume on my birth year....so off I went to a store that is still stuck in 1986-American Apparel.  They had everything that Cyndi Lauper wore: leggings, leg warmers, oversized sweathshirts, and even scrunchies (which refused to wear in my hair unless washing my face, so it became a bracelet).  Remember it's the details that make the costume, so I hit my local drugstore on the way home for neon nail polish and purple eye shadow.  The best part was that after too many cups of Witch's Brew, I could fall right into bed when I got home from the big party!

1 comment:

  1. "The only options are witch or sexy kitten!"
    "You just said a mouthful!"

    I think I used that quote 10 times before halloween!

    ReplyDelete