Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Can't Wait To Step On Crunchy Leaves!

As soon as September hit I ran to my nearest Starbucks to order my first tall carmel apple cider.  While sipping my 5 million calorie beverage that immediately made my ass larger, I made a list of my 3 needs for the upcoming season.  According to my rules needs are pieces you need to complete or update an outfit, and it must be beneficial to at least 3 pieces you already own.  This year my three pieces are:

1.  Last year I constantly battled with trying to tuck my jeans into boots without the awkward bunching around the knees.  I tried super skinny jeans, tucking jeans into tube socks, even safety pinning my jeans to my socks which only ended in bloody socks!   So after endless battles I have found my savior-Citizens of Humanity Stirrup Denim Leggings.  The $200 price tag will totally be worth the time and energy I will save tucking and retucking my other jeans.
2.  After racking up too much credit card debt on cashmere sweaters last year I figured I needed something to change up my look, and that is when I fell into the Gap (remember those old commercials "Fall into the Gap...Fall into the Gap...").  They have great cords in vibrant colors (think pink, mustard, purple...) that will instantly give my last season sweaters a new look.
 
And finally...
3.  As I always wear black most of my shoes are black.  This season I am consciously making an effort to not look like I am mourning so I bought camel boots to go with my new colorful dresses!  Most department stores are already having sales on fall shoes, so now is a good time to start looking, plus you'll have them for when it actually gets cold!  I got these great Steve Madden boots from Nordstrom for about $100. 

2 comments:

  1. hi. just like you, all of my shoes are black and i just recently bought a camel colored flat boots. i was hoping if you could give suggestions on how to wear it and what to pair with it for a casual day out. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these steve madden boots, just ordered them in black!

    Love the blog, following...

    xoxo

    L

    ReplyDelete