Tuesday, September 1, 2009

UGGly

When Uggs first came on the scene couple of years ago I thought it was just a fad and wouldn't last more than a season.  Then they grew on me because of overexposure, the same way "I Kissed A Girl" grew on me because radio stations played it every 20 minutes.  Since this homage to the Eskimos is continuing to exist I thought I would share my dos and don'ts:
1. I understand Uggs were created by a surfer so you may think it's acceptable to be worn with your beach wear, but do they really need to worn with a denim mini?  I think not.  This look is not a fashion statement, more a scream to be on Today's Ambush Makeover.

2.  As ugly as they are I do love the cozy feeling.  And with a great pair of jeans and a cashmere sweater they can actually (gasp!) have a chic vibe.  But please let me say that this look is only acceptable if it is actually cold enough that you can see your breath.
3. Metallic shoes have become my instant go-to to add a little somethin' somethin' to my outfits, but shiny silver moon boot Uggs are just a little too much.  Unless you are one of the Jetsons this look is definitely a don't.

1 comment:

  1. i haven't seen this metalic UGGly boots yet, but let me thank you by saying only astronauts should be able to even wear these!

    ReplyDelete