Friday, August 7, 2009

The Best Part Is You Can Wear It Again

While watching 27 Dresses for the millionth time tonight (I always pause for 10 minutes to admire Tess's gown, I am borderline stalking) I realized how cruel many brides are to their bridesmaids. I understand where many brides might fear their best friends looking better than them, but instead of putting them all in hideous lime green taffeta smocks perhaps they should have simply picked uglier bridesmaids. In an attempt to rationalize the $300 the bride's bitches have to spend on the hideous frocks every bride throws in the classic line of "you can wear it again," which is always said sincerely and enthusiastically as if it were really true. In an attempt to break this vicious cycle I have decided that I will allow my bridesmaids to chose their dresses, with some color guidance of course. The best way to do this is to go with black as it is a classic that everyone should have in their wardrobe anyway. When shopping for a perfect LBD remember two things: have the mind-set "What would Holly Golightly wear" and be willing to spend anything for the perfect fit as this is an investment piece. Theory makes my favorite LBD (as seen below) it has a knit top and woven bottom, and POCKETS! I have worn it literally everywhere from Holiday parties to work. It's a potential bride's bitches dream dress that really could be worn again!

1 comment:

  1. love love love this dresssss! what are some other LBD dresses that you like??

    ReplyDelete