Thursday, August 13, 2009

Your Mall Is Not A Flea Market



Every morning I turn on the Today Show and turn the volume waaaay up so I can hear about all the latest things happening while getting ready. Today while applying my Diorshow mascara I about poked myself in the eye when I heard Al Roker discussing haggling at retail stores, and they were not referring to pawn shops. I might be just slightly biased as a retail worker, but really!? Now I have already written Mr. Lauer and the rest of the gang in reference to this exact topic, but apparently my letter went unread. So let me share again my feelings on this subject. Like many I too have had to find ways to cut back in the last year, especially when I was unemployed from my retail job. A little Apparel Merchandising 101: Retail is the largest world wide industry and therefore employs the most people. Also, retail spending is one of the first areas people "cut back" during tough economic times leading to companies filing chapter 11 and making lay offs (which is what happened in my case). I have encountered these hagglers in real life who try things like, "So what kind of deal will you give me if I buy two pairs of these Theory pants?" my only response is this, "If you buy three I will throw in a goat for free." Unless you are buying a car this behavior is not acceptable. So go shopping and keep my sassy ass employed so I won't have to look like a fool again in line for unemployment with my Tory Burch bag!


If you wanna read this ridiculous article check it out here The Art of Haggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment