Friday, July 24, 2009

Because It's Not Over Yet

Summer is one of my favorite times of year, it means laying poolside and sipping margaritas (on the rocks with salt, please). However, all the trash seems to come out of the wood work. Just the sight of the bad outfits makes me want to have a bad day. If you have been on the Country Club Plaza, or any other city, on a hot day then you know what I am talking about. The horrific hot pink lip gloss, exposed bras, cut off jean shorts (not in a Jennifer Aniston way), and of course the exposed beer guts (or 24 packs as I like to call them) cause me to have nightmares. In light of this I have composed a list of my three favorite beauty products that are a must have to get through the dog days of summer.

1. There is nothing worse than paying for highlights (I mean soaking them up naturally of course....) than to have them damaged by the sun and chlorine. After endless bitching about how ridiculous I look in a hat my stylist got me hooked on Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil. Just mist this invisible screen onto hair for 16 hours of protection and you can throw out that miserable hat!

2. If you live in the Midwest you are very familiar with the horrid humidity and its affect on your make up. You can put on foundation in the morning, then after walking to your car it is melting off your face. Unless you want to look like Mrs. Doubtfire this is not a good look. So I was thrilled to find my favorite make up line Laura Mercier come out with an illuminating tinted moisturizer. All you need is a thin layer and it looks natural all day. A total life saver for summer!

3. If your natural skin color resembles Casper the Ghost as mine does than you may need a little help in the tanning area. After many trials and errors (some causing my to resemble a leper) I have found the best sunless tanner by L'oreal. The best part is you can find it at Target! Sublime Bronze gives you immediate color and looks very natural when mixed with your body lotion. I could not live without this during the summer!


Now all that is needed is some super dark shades so you won't be caught judging all the horrific summer "don'ts" out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment