Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How To Avoid An Anxiety Attack In 5 Steps

As I mentioned Forever 21 in a recent post I feel that it is only fair that I give you some tips on how to survive the jungle. When entering Forever it is easy to get overwhelmed, but remember this shopping trip is a marathon, not a sprint. So here are my tips on how to survive without a mental break down.
Notice how nice and clean the outside looks, ironic right?

1. Go alone. It's like climbing Everest, the last thing you need is dead weight.
2. Drink. Heavily. I recommend at least a glass of wine before entering....or a flask of Absolut....ya know, whatever.
3. Bring an oversize tote or hand bag. This can be used to help you carry all your finds, or as I prefer to do, block skinny bitch 16 year olds who get in my way.
4. Leave nothing behind. Forevers apparent merchandising style is to take their clothing and randomly place it around the store, you're lucky if it's on a hanger. So if you see something grab it because God knows if you'll ever see it again.
5. Keep this mantra in your head: I am saving enough money for those Tory Burch flats. So if you get frustrated by the bitchy sales people who do not deserve minimum wage, then remember you are buying a pair of jeans for $15.00.

Author's Note: If you are a Forever 21 employee I do not mean to offend you, but perhaps take this as conductive criticism on how to improve on your place of work.

1 comment:

  1. As a veteran F21 (as my crew calls it) shopper, I also must add my piece of advice. You must make at least 3 laps through the entire store to adequately scout out the perfect items. You may miss something, and it is easy to get distracted by the other clientele shopping there...i.e. The 35 year old mom with her 15 year old daughter, with her baby...

    I love your advice though, girl in the LBD...especially the part about drinking. Maybe I should try that next time?

    ReplyDelete