Thursday, July 9, 2009

Look Twice As Good As The Bitch Next To You

Two of my best friends are coming to visit me this weekend which leaves me to ponder, "What the hell am I gonna wear!?" Now, while I love my friends and they are totally hot I don't want to look like the ugly step sister the wing man has to occupy. My obsession with the perfect outfit has caused me to take my credit card out of retirement (a frozen glass of water in the freezer--I kid you not). Luckily, you will all benefit from my very Becky Bloomwood afternoon of shopping. (If you do not know who Becky Bloomwood is than you seriously need to hit B&N immediately!)


As it's summer I feel the need to show off my freshly baked skin whenever possible which typically means that I must trade in my typical LBD uniform for a fresh LWD (that's little WHITE dress in case you are unfamiliar with the lingo around here). This summer I found the most perfect dress at Target by Tracy Feith. While I typically avoid ruffles for fear of resembling Shirley Temple, the exposed gold zipper on this little frock gives it a rock star edge. Plus how can you beat a a dress that only costs $44.99?! That's practically free!


Unless you are a total hick you've noticed that this summer has been all about the maxi. If you have yet to try them than you are missing out on the biggest "Do" of the year. There are tons of different styles and they are the most comfortable way to look chic this summer. I adore this tie dye one (yes hippies it's back, but please no hemp accessories). Pick this one up at your local Forever for under $25.00. Now that's really free!


I hope everyone has the same restraint as me while shopping (which is none). When in doubt just think of how you are stimulating the economy. Oh how Pres. Obama would be proud! Now, I must return my credit card to its resting place in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment