Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh Sorry, Is My Bling Blinding You?


Over the weekend my boyfriend of all eternity finally proposed (lots of praise for me!). As the poor sucker already knows I am a materialistic bitch and once the shock wore off wanted to immediately know size (appropriate), where it's from(cute boutique), and if it was insured(thank you State Farm). Once the ring was safely placed on my finger it occurred to me how skeevy my nails looked! With out the bling bling I had no reason to keep my nails painted on a regular basis. It is amazing how unruly cuticles and dull nails can destroy the rock, it's the same effect a '80s permed and feathered hair style can destroy the perfect DVF wrap dress. It just makes you want to scream, "Hello, 1984 called and wants their look back!" I knew Tiffanys would be judging me!

I prefer nails short and square because it's the most practical and the least maintenance. Plus this looks great with both dark and light polish. Right now I am wearing Zoya Adel. With one coat you instantly look as if you have just left the nail salon. Plus it lasts FOREVER and is free of all those icky chemicals.
Another classic you must have in your cosmetic bag is Essie Ballet Slippers. This is the perfect pale pink and always makes you look instantly put together.If you are feeling a little edgy than dark polish is the way to go. I love charcoal grays all year long. Just please keep your nails short if you go with darks, we wouldn't want you looking like a True Blood character now would we? OPI You Don't Know Jacques is the best matte and a totally flattering with every skin tone--a definite must try!

Today's lesson kids: If you have a rock on your hand, please keep your nails nice...and I won't judge you.



*The ring at the top of this post is not mine...as mine is waaay better! This is just an example of a possible ring.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...I never wear nailpolish on my fingers, but since my "bling" landed on my left ring finger, now I do! And I get so mad when I chip the polish on that hand! I will have to get me that pink color you mentioned! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete